Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
FLSA Job Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Corporate Office, Quincy CA
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: Starting $20.95, Regular Full Time
Closing Date: 4:00 pm May 28, 2019
Application requirements and procedures:
- Complete AFWD’s employment application
- Attach resume with no less than three professional references and phone numbers
- Scope and Range of Responsibility: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for various administrative tasks including maintaining schedules, maintenance of files, coordinating information, processing executive level correspondence and documents; and other applicable support to the Executive Director.
- Organizational Structure: The incumbent’s supervisor is AFWD’s Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible to AFWD’s Board of Directors.
- Mission Elements of the Alliance for Workforce Development: The organization provides workforce development and training services to eligible participants through the use of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds. In addition, the organization coordinates America’s Job Centers of California (AJCC), which provides employer services to enhance the connection between employers and job seekers, and provides complimentary community and workforce development services through the use of other funding sources, (i.e. non-WIOA funds). For more information please visit www.afwd.org
- Position Responsibilities and Duties: Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Executive Director, and approved policies and procedures, the incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
- Executive support
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings and distribute to attendees.
- Independently compose correspondence and other documents on a wide variety of subjects requiring a thorough knowledge of AFWD policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and monitors assigned projects.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Assume individual initiative as required to set work priorities and determine the most effective methods for accomplishing work.
- Uses various software, including Word, Excel, and presentation software.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Handles basic bookkeeping tasks and record keeping.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Research and compile data to prepare documents for Executive Director.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Provide general administrative support.
- b) Other Responsibilities and Duties as Assigned
- Essential Functions:
- Excellent professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and high level of confidentiality
- Ability to analyze problems
- Organize, prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines
- Prioritize multiple assignments
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Attendance, punctuality, dependability and flexibility
- Work well alone and/or with a group and with or without supervision
- Be proactive in problem solving
- Computer knowledge and ability to use software, including MS Office suite, Word, Excel and internet.
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- Must be able to meet deadlines and produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to type accurately and use a 10 key calculator.
- Travel out of town and operate a motor vehicle
- Lift to waist height, turn, twist and transport equipment/files up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma, or equivalent supplemented by specialized administrative or business office training.
- Four years of increasingly responsible clerical and administrative experience, including the direct support of an executive level position, CEO, or business owner.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent may be required to travel out of town for training, meetings, and, therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
- Other Position Requirements:
- Must provide proof of automobile insurance, which at a minimum satisfies California Law.
- Agree to a background check required to work in close proximity with youth and consistent with a bookkeeper’s fiduciary responsibility associated with accounting for public funds.
- Provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment
- Acknowledge that AFWD is an “at will” employer; therefore, any employee may resign at any time, just as the corporation may terminate the employment relationship with any employee at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice to the other party.
- Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.